Recipe: Delicious Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup. Why vegan cream of mushroom soup?. For this post, I wanted you, my beloved reader, to have a dairy-free, gluten free, truly low-sodium, alternative to canned, cream of mushroom soup. I mean…everyone should have this recipe…even if you're not vegan!
Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. I've long been a fan of this vegan cream of mushroom soup. The flavors just blend soooo well, and it's ultra creamy and delicious. You can have Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup
- You need 1 lb of Oyster Mushrooms (roughly chopped).
- It’s 3 tbsp of Herbs de Provence.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic (Diced).
- Prepare 6 cup of Almond milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need of White or black pepper.
It's also really rather a snap to make. White button mushrooms, brown button mushrooms (portobellini) and portobello mushrooms. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine portobello mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and soy sauce. This is a recipe where people will be awed that you made this soup entirely from scratch, and only you will know how secretly easy it was.
Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup step by step
- Put the chopped mushrooms in a 10 inch non-stick sauce pan, set the heart to medium-low, and cover. Cook for about 10-15, stirring occasionally..
- In a 6 qt pot, combine almond milk, herbs de Provence, garlic, salt and pepper. Start heating on low, uncovered..
- Once the mushrooms cook down, and then to the pot with the milk and herbs. Keep uncovered, and cook for about 30-40 minutes. The milk will get a bit thicker and turn a light brown..
This Cream of Mushroom Soup has been an entire year in the making. In the last five minutes, add the coconut or plant milk, continue cooking for five minutes. You will not miss the dairy in this luscious vegan cream of mushroom soup! Made with savory herbs, cremini mushrooms and white wine in a silky coconut milk base, this soup is pure comfort in a bowl. As a kid who hated meat from an early age, cream of mushroom soup was always my jam.