How to Prepare Perfect Celariac and blue cheese soup
Celariac and blue cheese soup. The blue cheese toasts on top add a little something special, but you could forgo them for chopped toasted pecans. I especially like Cashel Blue cheese on the toasts for this, but any creamy blue will do. Grown in summer, harvested in late fall -root vegetables like yams, parsnips, turnips, beets, and celeriac, just to name a few, are.
Small amount of oil or butter. Peel and trim the celeriac and chop into chunks. Add in the celeriac and potatoes, stirring well to coat with the buttery juices, season with salt and pepper. You can cook Celariac and blue cheese soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Celariac and blue cheese soup
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 10 oz of celariac peeled and cut into 2cm chunks.
- You need 1 of large baking potato,Chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped fresh sage leaves.
- It’s 600 ml of 1 pint vegetable stock.
- Prepare 300 ml of Pint single cream.
- You need 8 oz of vegetarian blue cheese eg Stilton or Dolchelatte diced.
- You need 1 of Fresh Chives and deep fried sage leaves to garnish (optional).
- It’s 25 grams of butter.
Highlighting two fall flavors, celeriac and apples, brought together with blue cheese. You can have a small salad or fruit with it to make it more complete. Or fill the center of the cheela with some cottage cheese and fold. Cream of Celery Soup with Blue Cheese.
Celariac and blue cheese soup step by step
- Melt the butter In a large pan and gently fry the vegetables and sage for 5 mins. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 mins until the vegetables are tender..
- Transfer to a food processor and whizz until smooth (you may need to do this in batches) Return the soup to the pan and stir in the single cream and half the blue cheese, Cook over a low heat until the cheese has melted but do not allow to boil, season to taste..
- Divide the soup between serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining blue cheese, the chives and deep fried sage leaves if liked, to serve.
Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt, pepper, oil, flour, etc. Celery and Artisan Cashel Blue Cheese Soup Recipe. Wash the celery stalks and chop them roughly, peel and roughly chop the onion and celeriac.