How to Prepare Appetizing Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup This is a hearty, warm, and relatively healthy vegetarian soup that could easily be made vegan, and scaled. Conceptually simple, vegetables in water, this Asian-inspired curried variation of an American comfort classic is sure to impress with its diversity, ease of modification by ingredients.
You are going to love the tofu and Thai flavors in this soup! Vegetarian Coconut Curry Soup This post is sponsored by EZ Tofu Press! (affiliate ad link) If your. This vegan curry soup is one such result of the hard, hard work that goes into tasting all those grocery store samples. You can cook Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
- You need of Vegetables.
- You need 12 oz of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- Prepare 1 head of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- Prepare 5 stick of Celery.
- You need 2 of small, Turnip.
- You need 2 head of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- You need 1 can of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- You need 3 of small, Onion.
- You need 3 of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- It’s 1 bunch of Cilantro (one).
- It’s 2 of medium, Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- Prepare 1 bunch of basil (two).
- Prepare 6 oz of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- It’s 6 oz of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- You need 10 clove of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- You need of Base.
- Prepare 6 oz of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- It’s 2 can of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- You need 4 cup of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- It’s of Cookware.
- You need 16 quart of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cracked, Red Pepper.
- Prepare of Starch.
- It’s 1 packages of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- You need of Optional.
- It’s 5 cup of Kale, chopped.
- It’s 5 cup of Spinach.
This soup is filled with veggies and protein, a perfect well rounded meal that will easily make its way into your regular dinner rotation. Plus a bonus salad hack you can't miss! Here's a homemade vegetarian and vegan Indian coconut curried soup recipe spiced with Madras curry powder, which has a unique and rich taste distinct from other curry blends. Madras is an intensely flavorful and spicy curry blend from the south of India which is also common in Thai curries.
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup step by step
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..
This Spicy Coconut Thai Curry Soup is the perfect weeknight meal. It is packed with veggies, healthy fats, and a ton of flavor! In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Using a large pot on medium-high heat, pour in olive oil, then add carrots, celery, onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper.