Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Vegetarian black bean soup
Vegetarian black bean soup. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onions, celery and carrot and a light sprinkle of salt.
Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water. This delicious vegan black bean soup is hearty and nourishing and makes wonderful comfort food. It's super easy to make and very high in protein. You can have Vegetarian black bean soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian black bean soup
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 2 can of 15 oz each black beans.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of Spanish onion chopped.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cummin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 can of 15oz chopped tomatoes with chili's unstrained.
- Prepare 3 cup of vegetable stock.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice cooked as directed.
- You need 1 tbsp of sour cream (garnish).
- It’s 1 pinch of Shredded cheese (for garnish).
This vegan black bean soup is divine! It reminds me of a minestrone soup in the way that it's almost more like a stew than a soup, but in the best way. It's made with simple ingredients like onion, garlic, carrot, tomato sauce and black beans but still full of flavour and nutrition. Vegan Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup A bowl of this easy Vegan Black Bean Soup is the perfect weeknight meal!
Vegetarian black bean soup instructions
- Using a pot Sautee chopped garlic and onion in olive oil until sweated out and translucent.
- while sautéing puree one can of beans in blender or food processor.
- add cummin and chili powder to onions and garlic and stir letting cook for about a minute to release flavors and aromas.
- add can tomatoes stir and bring to a boil for a minute.
- stir in pureed beans and 2nd can of beans.
- add 3 cups vegetable stock, stir and simmer for 20 mins.
- put scoop of cooked rice into bowl and top with soup.
- Garnish with cheese of choice (I use Mexican blend) and sour cream.
- This is a quick meal. 5 minutes to prep 30 mins cooking.
This slow cooker recipe requires little prep and is full of plant-based protein. In a large soup pot, heat oil. Add in garlic, onion, red peppers, celery, celery leaves and carrots. Add water, bay leaves, canned tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and cilantro. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until slightly chunky, or transfer half of the soup to a blender and puree, then transfer back to the pot.