Recipe: Perfect Vegetable Curry Soup (Vegan Friendly)
Vegetable Curry Soup (Vegan Friendly). This vegetarian coconut curry soup is perfect for the weekend or a busy week night. This family friendly soup curry is also gluten-free and vegan. You are going to love the tofu and Thai flavors in this soup!
Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. This Spicy Coconut Thai Curry Soup is the perfect weeknight meal. It is packed with veggies, healthy fats, and a ton of flavor! You can cook Vegetable Curry Soup (Vegan Friendly) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Curry Soup (Vegan Friendly)
- You need 1/2-1 of cabbage (depends on preference).
- You need 2 handfuls of Kale (put in at end).
- Prepare 1 cup of rice (any rice you prefer, i enjoy wild rice).
- You need 2 cans of black beans.
- It’s 1 can of great northern beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots.
- You need 3 of medium sized potatoes.
- It’s 1 package of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 can of coconut cream (full fat).
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 4 tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 4 Cups of Broth (2 cups if you like it more chunky than broth).
- You need 4 cups of water/more broth (i do 2 cups water 2 cups veggie broth) ((again, 2 cups if you want less broth).
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Hearty vegetable coconut curry soup with aromatic curry coconut milk broth. I told myself I wasn't going to speak of the weather in this post since it's all I've gabbed about all week, but so help me jujubes, it's all I want to talk about. Throw in the coconut cream, broth and water, let it sit and cook for a little bit.
Vegetable Curry Soup (Vegan Friendly) instructions
- Chop garlic and throw in a soup pot with oil in the bottom, have cabbage carrots, mushrooms and potatoes ready and chopped to throw in once the garlic is ready! Let those cook until either done or close to it..
- Start the rice in a different pan, i usually add the rice into the soup later on right before it’s done.
- Once the veggies are nice and ready throw in the spices (the overload of curry is to really make the taste pop!) Let that cook for about 30 seconds or so, stirring the whole time..
- Throw in the coconut cream, broth and water, let it sit and cook for a little bit..
- When the rice is almost done, throw it in and let it cook long enough for the rice to finish cooking..
- Once it looks done and smells delicious throw in the Kale! I pick out the stalk of the kale because that part isn’t appetizing for me, but you can do whatever..
- Enjoy and serve!.
This vegan curry soup is one such result of the hard, hard work that goes into tasting all those grocery store samples. Add remaining ingredients except yogurt; bring to a boil. This soup highlights the sweetness of roasted cauliflower and garlic. Serve this on its own for a quick lunch or with salad and bread for a satisfying dinner. Make it vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth.