Recipe: Tasty Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup. How To Make Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup Recipe? Add all the ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and set the pressure release valve to Sealing.
Add the potato, garlic, thyme, black pepper, bay leaf, and liquid smoke. Add the split peas and broth and stir to combine. Instant Pot Vegetable Split Pea Soup is a hearty vegetarian soup that gives you a bowl of warm comforting goodness on cold days. You can cook Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 of medium onions.
- You need 2 cups of baby carrots.
- It’s 8 stalks of celery.
- You need 2 of bay leafs.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 lbs of dried green split peas.
- You need 8 cups of water.
This dump and stir recipe is quick and easy to make so it's perfect to throw together on a busy morning so you can pack this wholesome soup for lunch. How to make vegan split pea soup in the instant pot. The instant pot is my go to when making dishes that require dried beans and legumes. It is such a time saver for something like split pea soup.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup instructions
- In true Instant Pot style, chop up all the veggies and put them in the pot along with the rest of the ingredients. With regards to the salt and pepper, how much you add really depends on who you are feeding. I tend to go a little lighter because I like the pronounced pea flavor. My wife likes to go heavy as if there was a piece of ham added. No right or wrong here but just try to target your audience..
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for 30 minutes. Once it is done, let it naturally cool to open the lid. I prefer to leave it on Keep Warm for an hour or so when I have time in order to let the flavors circulate but that is optional..
- After you open the Instant Pot, use a hand blender to purée the soup..
This smokey instant pot split pea soup is perfect for vegan meal prep. With tender bites of carrot and celery, this smokey soup is the cheapest way to make a quick dinner. Vegan split pea soup is naturally dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free. This post is in collaboration with Instant Pot! Pressure Cooker Split Pea Soup is a an easy, inexpensive, and comforting soup for fall, full of nutrients and flavor.