Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup
Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup. Peas can be a side dish, part of an appetizer or a colorful part of a main dish. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Add extra water as necessary and skim foam from the surface as needed.
Plus, we've taken a couple more days off work and have spent yesterday hiking through the woods on the lookout for forest blueberries. This meatless vegan pea and ham soup uses smoked tempeh to replace the meat and is made the traditional way using split peas which gives it a nice thick and creamy texture. This warming hearty homemade soup is the perfect vegan or vegetarian meal for a cold winters day served with a nice fresh piece of crusty bread or crusty croutons. You can cook Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup
- Prepare 1 packages of Celery.
- You need 1 packages of Vegetarian Sausages.
- You need 3 can of Garden Peas.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Dried Mixed Herbs.
- Prepare 6 large of Vegetable Stock Cubes.
- You need 2 dash of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
This makes a very thick vegetarian split pea soup. To make it thinner, reduce the amount of split peas or add more water. Depending on the density of split peas, it may take a while for the vegetables and peas to soften, but you can't really overcook this soup; just stir occasionally, and add water if it gets too dry. Looking for vegetarian bean and pea main dish recipes?
Vegetarian Pea & Sausage Soup step by step
- Wash and then slice the celery.
- Slice The Sauasages.
- Heat the sausages and oil in a pan over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery. Heat for a further 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the 2 litres water to the stock cubes..
- Leave to stand for 2 minutes then stir untill dissolved.
- Open and drain the peas. Wash in a colander.
- Add the stock and peas to the pan.
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Add dried mixed herbs and crushed garlic.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with a nice big peice of crusty bread and butter :-).
Although traditional black-eyed pea recipes call for salt pork to season the nutritious legume, this recipe is vegan. It's a hot dish that's delicious paired with rice or another grain. Add some chopped bacon, pork, or sausage if you're in the mood for a meaty dish. Got this recipe online a couple years ago. I've tweaked it a little bit and will probably continue to experiment by throwing other vegetables in.