Recipe: Delicious Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not
Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Great recipe for Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not. I used to not like eating squash, as I didn't like the texture.
Welcome the cool weather with some of our top-rated squash soup recipes. Creamy golden comfort in a bowl. Pumpkin Chipotle Soup "This is a wonderful, quick soup that works as a main dish!" – Chris. You can cook Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not
- You need 1 of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 pc of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- It’s 1 spoonful of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- You need 1 spoonful of sliced ham (optional).
- You need 1 spoonful of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- It’s 1 of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- It’s 1-2 of dollops cream (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of coconut cream (optional).
Serve this one with warm tortillas. Most Made Today Or you can change it up a bit to make it more customized. It's a fantastic base recipe to one of the most quick Holiday soup recipes out there. And best of all, it's not too rich and wonderfully healthy.
Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not instructions
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
Peel and chop the butternut squash and carrots. Healthy without sacrificing taste, this recipe is entirely vegan so you can indulge in bowl after bowl, guilt-free. Butternut squash brilliantly mimics the color and creaminess of cheddar, plus boosts fiber and adds key nutrients such as beta carotene. Rich in energizing B-vitamins and plant protein, nutritional yeast boosts cheesy flavor, yet contain no added sodium. Pureed summer squash makes a delicious base for this summery squash and corn soup.