Easiest Way to Make Tasty Roasted Tomato Soup
Roasted Tomato Soup. Homemade roasted tomato basil soup with garlic, olive oil and caramelized onions. With fresh roasted tomatoes, garlic, caramelized onions, and basil, this delicious Homemade Tomato Basil Soup Recipe is easily enjoyed year-round. Gluten-free and vegetarian, enjoy a bowl of this.
More Ways to Search: Recipe Index · Ingredients Index. Add roasted tomato mixture and broth and bring to a boil. Serve soup topped with butter and rosemary croutons. You can have Roasted Tomato Soup using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Tomato Soup
- You need 5 pounds of tomatoes, seeded and quartered.
- You need 1/4 cup of plus 2 Tbs canola oil, divided.
- It’s 8 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1-2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of and 1/4 tsp salt, divided.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
Tomato soup is one of the first things I crave once the cool weather starts sinking into my bones Luckily, there's a solution that makes a better fall and winter tomato soup possible: roasting the. Try this tomato soup recipe and get more comfort food recipes and ideas from Food.com. Recently had an extra pint of cherry tomatoes on hand and was in search of comfort food. Creamy Roasted Tomato Basil Soup served with some rustic bread or grilled cheese sandwiches makes one of my favorite cold weather dinners!
Roasted Tomato Soup step by step
- In a large bowl mix the tomatoes, 1/4 cup oil and garlic, toss to coat..
- Preheat oven to 400°..
- Place tomatoes and garlic on large baking sheet..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Remove skins and transfer tomatoes & garlic to a bowl and the cooking juices to a measuring cup. (I removed the skins using tongs and a fork).
- In a pot saute the onion in the remaining oil until tender..
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Go to the next step for the cooking juices..
- Take the cooking juices and add water until you have 2 cups of liquid, add to tomatoes and onions..
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes..
- In a blender, process the soup in batches until smooth..
- Return to the stove and stir in the cream, heat through..
- Best served with a warm sandwich..
This soup is super creamy without much cream and. Just before the first frost of the season, we gather up all of the tomatoes from my mom's garden to create this flavor-packed soup. This Roasted Tomato Soup is made with simple pantry items along with juicy ripe tomatoes and fresh basil, then blended into a creamy flavorful homemade soup. Roasted tomato soup with double-baked cheese potatoes. If the soup is too thick, pour into a large saucepan and loosen the mixture with either vegetable stock, or single cream.