Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup. This soup is so easy to put together and is always a big hit with the family. Cut chicken into chunks; add to soup. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; add to soup, stirring constantly.
This version serves a crowd and is creamy and rich without added cream. "Easy creamy chicken noodle soup recipe loaded with chunks of chicken, onions, carrots, celery, fresh parsley, noodles and garlic in a savory, creamy broth. Even more comforting than regular chicken noodle soup!" This fresh, easy, creamy chicken noodle soup is quickly becoming my favorite. It's not often I share a soup recipe on my blog. You can have Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 7 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 2 of medium potatoes, scrubbed and diced (optional).
- You need 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken.
- It’s 2 cups of wide egg noodles (or whatever pasta shape you prefer).
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme, dried rosemary, poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cream (could also use half & half or whole milk).
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley.
The last was the Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Corn Chowder and before that was this popular Roasted Tomato Basil Soup and this Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup. Because the weather has been SO miserable and cold, going backwards instead of forwards, soup has been coming out of our ears. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in chicken stock, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary and bay leaves; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup step by step
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a large pot (4 quart or larger) over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the carrots, onions and celery with a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then stir in the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to incorporate. Stir and cook an additional 2-3 minutes..
- Pour in the broth, shredded chicken and the seasonings. Increase the heat to medium-high and let this come to a low boil. Once it begins to boil, stir in the diced potatoes and let them simmer for 2 or so minutes. Then stir in the egg noodles and let simmer for 8-9 minutes more, until the noodles and potatoes are both soft..
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the parsley and while stirring, slowly drizzle in the cream until it is all added and incorporated. That's it! Serve immediately..
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a large Tupperware container. To reheat, place desired amount in a small saucepan. Add a bit of extra broth, because the noodles will absorb a lot of the liquid during refrigeration. Bring to a simmer and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes or so..
Heat a large pot with a lid over medium-high heat. Grease with cooking spray or a light drizzle of olive oil. Simmer on low heat until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, reserving all broth and vegetables as stock for soup. Chop in small pieces and set aside.