Easiest Way to Prepare Tasty Loaded Potato Soup
Loaded Potato Soup. This recipe for potato soup includes bacon, onion, ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions—and plenty of potatoes, of course. Use a high-starch variety of baking potato, also known as a russet, for this recipe, to ensure that your loaded potato soup has a hearty body and a creamy texture. Set a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup: Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, season with salt and cook until tender then drain. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. You can have Loaded Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup
- You need 1/2 pound of bacon.
- It’s 9 of green onions.
- Prepare 4 C of water.
- You need 1 Qt of Half and Half.
- You need 1 lb of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 lb of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 lbs of red potatoes cut up.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- It’s of Cliantro.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Potato Soup Recipes Potatoes are a staple that can be spectacular. This collection of potato soup recipes shows off the best of the best, adding flair and flavor to any menu.
Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Brown bacon in the bottom of a large sauce pan. Cook the grease out as much as possible. Rinse, drain, and return to pan..
- Add seasonings to taste, and chopped up onions to the browned bacon. Cook until tender..
- Add water and whisk in sour cream, half and half to the bacon and onions..
- Heat to a simmer, whisking occasionally..
- Gently stir in shredded cheese until smooth..
- Stir in potatoes, heat to a gentle simmer and cook until potatoes are tender..
- Allow soup to sit without heat for about ten minutes..
- Stir and serve. Sprinkle extra toppings, or eat it as is..
Thick, creamy loaded potato soup topped with all the fixings! This quick and easy one-pot recipe is a cold weather staple! It's a classic just like our chicken noodle soup, minestrone soup and tortilla soup. With all the flavor of a loaded baked potato, this recipe has cheese, sour cream bacon and more to make it a family favorite. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until done.