How to Cook Delicious Bacon Potato Leek Soup
Bacon Potato Leek Soup. Puree half the soup in a blender (remove the filler cap to let steam escape), then return to the pot. Add the cream and bring to a simmer. Melt the butter in a large pan, then fry the bacon and onion, stirring until they start to turn golden.
Bacon flavors this hearty potato soup, along with leeks and onions. Serve with crusty rolls or cornbread and a tossed salad for a delicious and satisfying meal. This soup could be made year round and keeps well in the fridge or freezer. You can cook Bacon Potato Leek Soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Potato Leek Soup
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of leeks.
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes.
- Prepare 10 of thick bacon slices.
- You need 1 carton of low sodium chicken stock.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian Spices.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need of Croutons to garnish.
Kid friendly, perfectly seasoned, warm, topped with crunchy and flavorful bacon and parsley. In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. This easy Potato Bacon and Leek Soup makes a great meal for the whole family!
Bacon Potato Leek Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in a Dutch pot until crispy..
- Drain bacon and set aside..
- Return pot to stove, add leeks, onions and garlic. Cook until softened..
- Add chicken stock, 3/4 of the bacon, potatoes, bay leaves, Italian spices. Cook until potatoes are soft..
- Remove pot from stove. Remove bay leaves. Add cream..
- Using hand mixer, mix ingredients to thickness desired. We like it semi chunky..
- Pour into bowls. Add croutons and left over 1/4 bacon to garnish..
Both regular and Thermomix instructions are included below. Now that the weather is FINALLY cooling down, I've been craving and enjoying making yummy soup recipes like this Potato, Bacon and Leek Soup. This really is a great budget recipe as you don't need a lot of ingredients to put it together and you most. In a large saucepan, bring the water, potatoes and bacon to a boil. Creamy Potato Leek Soup with Bacon seamlessly combines the complementing flavors of potatoes, leeks, celery, spices and broth with the bold flavor twist of bacon to serve up an irresistible bowl of goodness.