Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Sweet Potato soup
Sweet Potato soup. Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Soup The earthiness of sweet potatoes is balanced with tart apples, spicy ginger, and a touch of zesty lime in this easy fall soup. If desired, garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream, some chopped cilantro, and a few sweet, spicy nuts. In a blender, puree the soup in batches and return to saucepot.
Bring puree to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Sweet potatoes, buttery Yukon Gold potatoes, healthy carrots, and warm spices all combine to create a flavorful and savory comforting soup, perfect for cold winter evenings. In less than an hour you can have a pot of delicious creamy soup ready for your family. You can cook Sweet Potato soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato soup
- You need 2 of Large Sweet Potato.
- Prepare 1 of Medium sized container chicken broth.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped large.
- You need 1 Tbs of oil or butter.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 2 cups of carrots chopped large (I used bagged baby carrots).
- Prepare 1 can of cream style corn.
- Prepare 1 can of whole kernel corn (water drained).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic salt (or use powder or minced).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
Round out the meal with a loaf of warm bread. The distinguishing elements of the original recipe were sweet potato, red onion, and cumin. I changed it a little bit, opting for shallots instead of red onions, using much less cumin (it's a strong spice), adding some thyme, and finishing with a swirl of sour cream. Find comfort on cold days in a bowl of sweet potato soup.
Sweet Potato soup step by step
- 1. Peel and coarsely chop sweet potatoes..
- Place oil or butter in large pot..
- Add chucked sweet potatoes, carrots and onions. Cook till onions are translucent..
- Add spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic salt and pepper) and cook for a few minutes to let the spices obsorb and spread around..
- After about 5 minutes of cooking, dump enough broth to cover the contents in the pan and let the ingredients boil..
- Once the sweet potatoes are fork tender, take out about a third of the contents and save for making the soup a little chunky..
- Take the remaining product and blend together to the same consistency..
- Return the soup and chunky vegetables to the pot. Add the two cans of corn and cook till hot..
This versatile potato tastes great and packs in the nutrition too – choose from one of our best-rated recipes. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Take a break from mashing and turn sweet potatoes into this silky soup. It's a rich blend of creamy sweet potatoes, carrots, fresh ginger, and a hint of spice.