Recipe: Yummy Carrot Soup
Carrot Soup. Most Made Today Carrot, Potato, and Cabbage Soup. This easy carrot soup recipe is a great way to use up a bag of carrots that were forgotten in your produce drawer. The carrots cook together with aromatics like onions, garlic and fresh herbs before being puréed into a silky smooth soup that's delicious for dinner or packed up for lunch.
This is a terrific carrot recipe to serve as a meal. Thick and creamy, savoury and sweet, Carrot Soup is quick to make, healthy, freezes brilliantly, and the only thing it needs is hot crusty bread for dunking. Yukon Gold potatoes—instead of cream—make a smooth carrot soup vegan and add a mild sweetness. You can cook Carrot Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Soup
- You need 1 tbsp of Crumbled Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 1 of pat (1"sq, 1/3" high) Butter, Salted.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Thyme, Fresh.
- It’s 0.50 cup of Slices Carrots, Cooked.
- You need 4 cup of Slices Carrots, Cooked.
- You need 0.50 cup of Diced Celery, Cooked.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger Root.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic.
- Prepare 0.50 cup of Chopped Onions, Raw.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Pepper, Black.
- It’s 125 ml of Half and Half Cream.
If you don't have Yukon Golds on hand, russet potatoes will work, too. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin All Carrot Soup Recipes Ideas. Adding a can of beans boosts the fiber and makes this soup extra filling. Recipe adapted from my creamy roasted cauliflower soup and roasted carrots recipe. Carrot ginger soup variation: Add freshly grated ginger with the garlic and ground spices.
Carrot Soup step by step
- Add butter and oil in a stockpot.
- Add mirepoix mix and saut for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the carrots and sweat for 5 minutes on low.
- Add stock and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a shimmer until carrots are fork tender.
- Pure soup until smooth.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in cream.
In a medium sized stock pot, over high heat, combine the chicken stock, carrots, garlic, dill weed, salt and butter. The key to carrot soup is, unsurprisingly, the carrots. If you can, try to get a few bundles of the smaller carrots with the stems still on. I find the bulk bags of de-stemmed carrots are less sweet. Ultimately, though, you can use any carrot—even purple or white ones—and I won't yell at you.