Recipe: Appetizing Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup
Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup. Pour reserved shrimp stock in the dutch oven and add the shredded shrimp/vegetable mixture, whipping cream and whole milk. It has been so hot and humid here the past few days that the thought of most soups seems like the least appealing thing ever, but this one is really speaking to me! I love anything and everything spicy in the summer, and a spicy soup filled with fresh summer corn and shrimp just sounds like the best thing ever.
The weather in South Carolina has been absolutely frigid the last few days and I know it is even colder in many areas of the country. Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot. Season with ¾ tsp creole seasoning. You can have Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup
- It’s 2 lb of Peeled Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of Frozen Sweet White Corn.
- Prepare 1 lb of Frozen Pearl onions.
- You need 1 can of Cream style corn.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of Rotel.
- You need 1 cup of seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery).
- It’s 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 32 Oz of Carton chicken stock.
- You need 1 stick of + some REAL BUTTER.
- Prepare of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare of Zataran's crab boil powder.
Season shrimp with remaining creole seasoning and add to veggies. Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup with Sausage and No Roux. I first saw a creole soup recipe a few years ago. I gave it a try, and loved the meat pairings, but I found the preparation of the roux and such to be a bit much for everyday meal preparation.
Spicy Shrimp and Corn Soup step by step
- Saute seasoning blend in butter (reserve the stick)..
- Add all other ingredients except shrimp and butter. Cook for 30 mins on med heat..
- Toss in stick of butter and shrimp. Cook about 10 minutes until shrimp is done..
Stir in the heavy cream and half of the chorizo and remove from heat. To Serve: Divide the spicy shrimp and corn chowder between bowls and garnish with sliced scallions and the remaining crispy chorizo. We are so totally in love with this delicious dairy-free soup. This flavorful tortilla soup is Pescatarian, Gluten-Free, and Low-Fat too! Heat oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.