Special Leek and Potato soup. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large soup pot. Winter Leek and Potato Soup "So delicious! I followed the recipe, doubling the leeks and omitting the cheese.
This soup is so yummy, you could omit the cream altogether." – daniella. German Leek and Potato Soup "Very good. Reheat the soup to a gentle simmer (add some extra stock at this point if the soup is too thick for your liking), then pour into warmed bowls. You can cook Special Leek and Potato soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Special Leek and Potato soup
- You need 4/5 of large potatoes.
- You need 1 of large carrot.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 2 of hot chillies.
- Prepare 3 of vedge stock cubes.
- You need of Lots of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of litter of water… ish.
- You need 350 ml of cooking cream.
- It’s 2 of plum tomatoes.
- Prepare of Lump of butter.
Easy Dinner Idea – Potato Leek Soup With Chef's Special Toast. Bring the soup to a boil over a medium heat. This is the kind of soup that is so simple to make yet tastes like you really know your way around the kitchen. I grew up loving this classic soup as a kid, and eating it always brings me back to a happy place.
Special Leek and Potato soup step by step
- Heat up butter and fry up onions. Once browned off, add chopped up potato, carrot and leek. Fry for 10 mins or so..
- Mix up stock and add to mix. Then simmer for 20 mins or untill potatoes are cooked.
- Throw in tomatoes and a couple of red chillies… to own taste.
- Add cooking cream to taste and use a hand held blender. I like it creamy..
- Warm through for another 5 mins and serve with crusty bread..
The soup is finished with whole milk and cream to add a nice texture. Garnished with chopped chives, freshly cracked pepper and a drizzle of cream makes for a gourmet homemade soup. My first encounter with potato leek soup is when I made a French vichyssoise in the first few weeks of culinary school. Classic potato leek soup has all the comforts of cold weather-cooking wrapped into one — a good bit of butter, slightly caramelized leeks and onions, creamy Yukon gold potatoes, and a splash of heavy cream for good measure. Our leek and potato soup recipe is given a point of difference with the delicious addition of broccoli.