Recipe: Yummy Broccoli White Cheddar Soup
Broccoli White Cheddar Soup. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. I think we can all agree that broccoli cheddar soup is the best thing to happen to the planet. But, the flavor that you get from roasting that broccoli and mixing it up with white cheddar cheese is pure heaven.
If you're a fan of cheesy soups or chowders, then this roasted broccoli white cheddar soup is right up your alley! Broccoli Cannellini Bean & Cheddar Paste The flavor of the soup is good it does not have nearly enough liquid. First off the broccoli basically steamed in the liquid and did not simmer in it. You can have Broccoli White Cheddar Soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broccoli White Cheddar Soup
- Prepare 1/2 pound of broccoli crowns, stems thinly sliced and tops cut into.
- Prepare of Bite size Piceses.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of cekery stak, thin sliced.
- You need 1 of small carrot sliced.
- It’s 32 ounces of plus 1 cup chicken stock divided use.
- It’s 6 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1 of tablsoon hot sauce, such as Franks.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of extra sharp cheddar white cheddar chees.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of To Garnish.
- It’s as needed of Shredded white cheddar cheese and cracked black pepper.
It was extremely difficult to puree the soup because there was a much higher ratio of solid to liquid and when I did it was more like a paste than a soup. This Slow Cooker Broccoli, Cheddar and White Bean Soup is a creamy vegetarian soup recipe. It is fast and easy to make in your crock pot! This post was sponsored by USA Pulses and Pulse Canada.
Broccoli White Cheddar Soup step by step
- Melt butter in Stockpot add onion, celery, carrot, broccoli stem and thyme and cook until tender.
- Add the 32 ounce of stock and simmer 10 mins. Whisk remaing stock with flour until smooth and add, simmer 5 minutes then carefully purée in blender or food processor add back to pot. Add broccoli pieces, and cream cover and cook intol broccoli is tender. Add lemon. Hot sauce, salt and pepper and cheese heat throgh.
- Garnish with extra shredded cheddar and cracked black pepper and serve.
In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. Add white cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Add more broth, if needed, until soup reaches desired consistency.