Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. Just before serving, whisk soup to combine. It is loaded with tender, diced potatoes in a creamy soup broth that is thick and chunky.
Baked Potato Soup Ingredients: Loaded baked potato soup is perfect for adding on all of the toppings. This slow cooker potato soup has the same ingredients as loaded baked potatoes–russet potatoes, bacon, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions–but is delivered in soup form! Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. You can cook Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
- Prepare 8 slices of bacon.
- It’s 2 lb. of russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried chives.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
Soup doesn't get much easier than making it in the slow cooker, does it? And here we have one of the ultimate comfort food soups made in the slow cooker. I've already posted four slow cooker soup recipes this season and they're quickly becoming my favorite way to make soup so I figured I may as well post another. Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, butter, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker (such as Crock Pot®).
Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is bound to be a dinner time win! This soup has just taken over the status of my go to soup for the next several months (at least)! In fact, I've already made it a few times and my kids are already asking for it again, it is the best.