Squash Soup. Enjoy Our Tasty Butternut Squash Bisque Made with Apple and Cinnamon! Full of summer flavor, butternut squash and corn soup is brightened with plain yogurt and seasoned with basil and nutmeg. This is an easy make ahead lunch or could be combined with a salad and crusty bread for an easy dinner.
Butternut Squash Soup Recipes Savory, sweet and nutritious, butternut squash is versatile and delicious. We've chosen some of our favorite recipes that showcase this seasonal vegetable. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. You can cook Squash Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Squash Soup
- You need 1/2 kg of squash.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- You need 1 of tbp corse black pepper.
- It’s of Evaported milk or cream milk.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Water.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. I'd like to think this is the most elegant version of butternut squash soup out there. In a large saucepan, saute squash and onions in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Squash Soup step by step
- Chop squash in cubes and place into a sauce pan with water or chicken stock (enough to cover the squash), chopped onions, thyme, chopped garlic, salt and corse black pepper..
- Boil the squash until tender. Make sure not to dry up the water. If it does, add a bit more..
- Puree the squash. Use a food processor or blender to puree the content in portions. Do not blender all at once or some spices might not get processed..
- Once all is processed, return the puree into the sauce pan..
- Put the fire at low and add cream or milk while stirring. Add according to your taste..
- Add some water while stirring until your desired consistency. Do not boil!.
- Serve with chopped parsley..
In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Butternut squash soup works as both a starter and a main dish, so you may be wondering: w hat vegetables go well with butternut squash soup? And w hat meat goes well with butternut squash soup? Luckily, you have a lot of options.