How to Cook Perfect Chicken and Dumpling Soup
Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Chicken Soup Chicken and Dumplings Chicken and Dumpling Recipes There's nothing like old-fashioned homemade chicken and dumplings for a filling, comforting meal. Find a new favorite recipe, whether you like fluffy dumplings or a chewy noodle version. Inspiration and Ideas Tips & Tricks Chef John's Chicken and Dumplings.
How about a sleeker version of momma's Chicken and Dumplings Recipe? Chicken and Dumplings Soup brings all the best qualities of Chicken and Dumplings together for the modern palate, leaving the gravy and heartburn in the past. We're having another Kitchen Conversation with Land O'Lakes! You can cook Chicken and Dumpling Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- It’s of Soup.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen peas and carrots.
- It’s 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Dumplings.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
This time, the topic is Modernizing Vintage Recipes. This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier! The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all the prep work is already done for you. How to make Chicken and Dumplings: I was actually surprised by how fast this recipe is to make!
Chicken and Dumpling Soup step by step
- Put chicken, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, peas, carrots, corn, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours..
- About half an hour before you’re ready to serve the soup, make the dumplings. Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, baking powder, and milk in a bowl and mix together with a fork..
- Ladle some of the broth from the soup into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Sometimes the soup is too thick to get enough broth, so I add an additional two cups of chicken broth before making the dumplings..
- Cook small clumps of the dumpling dough in the boiling broth. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until the inside is done..
- Add dumplings back to crockpot and serve..
Granted, I did used canned chicken (chopped or shredded work perfect though), soup, veggies, and biscuit dough. Chicken dumplings flavored with parsley and tarragon are cooked in a chicken broth soup with carrots and chunks of chicken breast in this golden bowl of goodness. Add the chicken broth, cream, thyme, and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Make the dumplings: In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cream. Discard bay leaves and skim fat from soup.