Easiest Way to Make Perfect Sup Jagung Telur (Egg Drop Corn Soup)
Sup Jagung Telur (Egg Drop Corn Soup). Apa jadah telur dadar buat sup. ini lah cerita nya. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I absolutely adore a good bowl of egg drop soup. It was my favorite food in the whole entire world as a kid.
There are two common version of sweet corn soup: one is with egg and the other one is with chicken meat. Egg drop soup makes me think of my grandmother every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. I know it from my Chinese grandmother, who made this quick and easy soup even though she was also known for her other long-simmered broths and soups. You can have Sup Jagung Telur (Egg Drop Corn Soup) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sup Jagung Telur (Egg Drop Corn Soup)
- You need 3 cups of chicken stock / water for vegetarians.
- It’s 2 cans of cream-style corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen corn kernel.
- You need 2 of gloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cornstarch mix with 1/4 cup water.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of spring onions, chopped.
- You need of several drops of sesame oil.
They key to this egg drop soup is the added flavor of sweet corn. Sweet young corn is my preference, but the season always seems to be early and short, hence, we usually use regular yellow corn, which is less sweet but has the body and depth of flavor for making a really flavorful soup. My corn egg drop soup has a semi-thick consistency (similar to fish maw soup). You can use either frozen corn nibblets (no need to thaw unless it is all balled up) or tetra.
Sup Jagung Telur (Egg Drop Corn Soup) instructions
- In a saucepan, combine the cream-style corn and chicken stock. Bring it to boil over medium-high heat..
- Add in minced garlic and the corn kernel..
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the simmering corn soup and continue to cook for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Add salt and pepper..
- Gradually add the beaten eggs while stirring the soup constantly in one direction. Add chopped spring onions and sesame oil..
- Serve warm with spring onions garnished..
- Note : Crab meat or boiled chicken breast (cut into small pieces) can also be added if meat is desired..
Mix up a simple, sensational bowl of soup for one with this recipe. After many many trips to different Chinese restaurants looking for a good bowl of egg drop soup, I decided to take it upon myself to create what I feel is the ultimate in egg drop soup. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. You don't need to add tons of spices like star anise and cloves because it overpowers the delicate egg flavor. It's made with eggs In college one of the dishes I relied on was my own version of egg drop soup.