How to Make Tasty Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Chicken Gnocchi Soup. Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup is one of the most popular Olive Garden soup recipes. It is a rich soup that can be made into a meal. This warm bowl of goodness features roasted chicken, potato gnocchi, carrots, celery, and spinach.
This creamy chicken gnocchi soup is the perfect comfort food. This better than Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup recipe will become a family favorite. If you've ever been to Olive Garden, you've more likely seen chicken gnocchi soup on the menu. You can have Chicken Gnocchi Soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, peeled and diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each poultry seasoning, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken.
- It’s 1 package (16 oz.) of potato gnocchi.
- It’s 3 of heaping cups roughly chopped spinach.
- You need of Fresh parmesan cheese, for serving.
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup has a thick and rich broth with shredded carrots, celery, chopped spinach, gnocchi and chicken hidden throughout. This tastes even better than the Olive Garden! I just love the Italian flavors in the slow cooker pasta e fagioli soup or creamy zuppa toscana too, so be sure to give them a try! That means starting with a rotisserie chicken, a bag of pre-shredded carrots, and quick-cooking, fresh (not frozen) gnocchi from the refrigerator section.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup instructions
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the onion, carrot and celery with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until they have softened up. Add the garlic and cook a minute or so more, until fragrant. Then stir in the flour and cook for an additional minute or two..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir in the broth, about a cup at a time, making sure the flour and onion mixture blends in smoothly and theres no lumps. Then stir in the cream, seasonings and chicken. Let the soup come up to a low boil..
- Once it starts to boil, stir in the gnocchi and cook until they are tender…this will only take 3-5 minutes. Once the gnocchi are done, remove the pot from the heat and immediately stir in the spinach. Taste the soup and add any additional seasonings you think it needs, then it's ready to serve..
If you want, you can also make the shredded chicken ahead of time during meal prep, either on the stovetop , in the slow cooker , or the Instant Pot. Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is the coziest way to warm up this season! It's filled with lots of potato gnocchi dumplings, tender pieces of chicken, fresh colorful veggies (like spinach and carrots) and it's all bathing in a rich and creamy broth. You'll go crazy for my Gnocchi in Tomato Cream Sauce and Creamy Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Gnocchi! And don't forget to serve them up with these easy homemade OLIVE GARDEN BREADSTICKS.