Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash.
It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance. You can have Butternut Squash Soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 1 of butternut squash.
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 pkg of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Full of butternut flavour, this soup is perfect for when you're. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best!
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds..
- Roast squash until tender (about 1 hour) at 350 degrees..
- Let the squash cool and peel..
- Saute onion in 1Tbsp butter..
- Add the squash, cream cheese, chicken broth and cayenne pepper..
- Puree mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste..
Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – The easiest butternut squash soup you'll ever make – still silky, slightly sweet and full of flavor. Miso Coconut Butternut Squash Soup – Roasted and caramelized butternut squash, creamy Butternut Squash and Black Bean Soup – One of the most legit butternut squash combinations. Smooth and silky butternut squash soup is a cold-weather staple. The secret to the most intense, sweetest flavor is to roast the squash until it's deeply browned and caramelized, then purée it with a.