Recipe: Delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup. Chicken Tortilla Soup Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on. particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings. In a medium stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil. Once the onions have softened add the garlic and jalepenos and cook for another minute. Peel and discard charred skins from tomatoes; place tomatoes in a blender. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves, minced.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Cumin.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Oregano.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 45 Oz. of Cannellini Beans.
- Prepare 20 Oz. of Diced Tomatoes w/ Habaneros.
- It’s 15 Oz. of Cream of Corn.
- It’s 15 Oz. of Whole Kernel Corn.
- It’s 15 Oz. of Black Beans.
- It’s 8 of Chicken Thighs, shredded (or 2 breasts).
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Lime Juice.
- It’s 1 Bag of Blue Corn Tortilla chips.
- Prepare 2 of Habanero peppers, diced.
It's almost dump and run for the ideal easy weeknight dinner or fabulous for crowds. It is loaded with juicy, tender shredded chicken, hearty black beans, sweet corn, fire roasted tomatoes, tangy green chiles, kickin' poblanos, creamy enchilada sauce and aromatic onions and garlic, seasoned to perfection and all topped with crispy, salty. When I see chicken tortilla soup on a restaurant menu, I get excited. There's something about the slightly spicy broth with tender chicken, the corn and black beans, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, and those addictively good tortilla strips on top that I can't resist.
Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Add chicken(cut into strips or cubes). Add cumin, oregano, and salt. Cover, let cook till chicken is browned on both sides, stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, take 30 Oz. of your cannellini beans and puree until smooth. Don't drain out the liquid!.
- In a crockpot, add the pureed beans, remaining cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, habaneros, cream of corn, whole kernel corn, and black beans…
- Take chicken and shred it finely. Then add to pot. Turn on low, cook for 6-8 hours..
- Add lime juice, season to taste. Crush some tortilla chips as a topping.
Serve, topped with crushed tortilla chips if desired. The same is true of chicken tortilla soup. Travel up and down the west coast of North America, and you'll find hundreds of variations of chicken tortilla soup recipe. It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. Photography Credit: Elise Bauer (I like a thick soup so I use two small corn tortillas per person).