Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Brown and crumble Italian sausage in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and drain excess drippings from pot.
One-Pot Creamy Sausage and Potato Soup Recipe – So easy with hardly any prep, besides removing the casing from the sausage, with big flavor! Make it in the dutch oven or even in a crockpot. So creamy and not made with Velveeta! You can have Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup
- It’s 2 of lbs. ground Italian Sausage.
- You need 1 of medium onion, quartered and thin sliced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 3 of Potatoes, skin on, diced.
- You need 1 (10 oz.) of pkg frozen chopped spinach.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of dried oregano.
- You need 2 Tbsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
- You need 2 qts. of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 qt. of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 3 tsp of cornstarch, if needed to thicken.
I used MILD Italian sausage and left out the pepper flakes. I also optioned out of the pepper flakes and the dairy (heavy cream). Basically no dairy and not too spicy. Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup is a rich and creamy soup perfect for busy weeknights!
Creamy Italian Sausage Potato Soup step by step
- In large soup pot add the Italian sausage broken into pieces. Cook over medium high heat to start browning and then add in the onion slices. Stir to combine and cook. Add in the minced garlic, stir and cook 1 minute..
- Next add in all the spices, stir to combine..
- Next add in the diced potatoes and chopped spinach. Stir to combine. Add in chicken stock stock. Stir, reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are done..
- Last add in heavy cream and adjust seasoning if needed. At this point if not thick enjoy make a slurry with the cornstarch. Enjoy!.
This cheesy, creamy, and comforting sausage potato soup is loaded with Italian sausage, golden baby potatoes, veggies, and a cheesy cream base. My take on the famous "cheeseburger soup" This hearty soup pairs perfectly with a lighter side dish like a salad. Slow Cooker Creamy Sausage and Potato Soup Recipe is filled with andouille sausage, cubed potatoes, corn, and cheese, the perfect comfort meal for a weekend you can set and forget. If the slow cooker is your thing for fall and winter than you should also try Slow Cooker Beef Tips with Gravy, these beef tips are tender and the gravy is perfect over rice, pasta, or french bread. In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, broth, water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.