Recipe: Tasty Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup
Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup. Remove the sausage to a bowl and set aside. Whisk in the grits slowly until smooth and no lumps remain. This easy Breakfast Casserole recipe is SO cheesy and delicious!
Every bite is loaded with the comforting, homemade taste of Zatarain's® Cheddar Jalapeño Cornbread Mix, melty cheddar and savory sausage. Grab a piece for breakfast on-the-go or serve as an exciting side dish to your. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and remove sausage. You can have Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup
- It’s 2 lbs of russet potatoes (cut into 1” cubes).
- You need 1 lb of smoked sausage (cut into 1/4” slices).
- It’s 6 Oz of cream cheese (softened).
- It’s 8 Oz of cream of celery soup.
- It’s 2/3 envelope of onion soup mix.
- It’s 2 cups of white cheddar cheese (shredded).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of 1 medium jalapeño (sliced, optional).
In the same skillet, melt butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Stir in eggs, mushrooms and sausage. Cheesy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sliders are a fully loaded perfectly portable hand held breakfast.
Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup step by step
- Place potatoes at the bottom of the slow cooker with 2 cups water..
- In a medium bowl blend cream cheese, cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, cream, jalapeño (optional) and cajun seasoning. Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and stir to combine..
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hrs..
- After 3 hrs, add sausage, stir and continue cooking for remainder..
- After checking to make sure potatoes are cooked through, give it a good stir. Add milk and cheddar and continue to stir until well combined. Cook an additional 30 minutes on low..
- Top with more shredded cheese if desired and serve..
All of your favorite breakfast fixin's come together with the most amazing and unexpected glaze to create the perfect Brinner (breakfast or dinner). We love these for game day and let me tell you they are amazingly convenient for tailgating! We love these sliders, Chad calls them a 'handful of yum'. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water, and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the shell pasta, and return to a boil.