Recipe: Yummy Loaded Potato Soup
Loaded Potato Soup. This recipe for potato soup includes bacon, onion, ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions—and plenty of potatoes, of course. Use a high-starch variety of baking potato, also known as a russet, for this recipe, to ensure that your loaded potato soup has a hearty body and a creamy texture. A soup to make you happy.
When cool, crumble and set aside for garnish. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Thick, creamy loaded potato soup topped with all the fixings! You can cook Loaded Potato Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup
- You need 64 oz of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 10 oz of Thick Cut Bacon.
- You need 4 lb of Potatoes.
- You need 3 bunches of Green Onions.
- It’s 7 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tbs of Morton Nature Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbs of Adobo Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sour Cream.
- You need 1 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
This quick and easy one-pot recipe is a cold weather staple! It's a classic just like our chicken noodle soup, minestrone soup and tortilla soup. With all the flavor of a loaded baked potato, this recipe has cheese, sour cream bacon and more to make it a family favorite. When done, the tip of a paring knife should go through the potatoes easily.
Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Peel & cut up the potatoes, garlic & the green onions then put to the side for later (make sure to keep bottoms of green onions separate from tops).
- Cook all the bacon & then cut it up into bits. Take the bacon grease & pour it into your cooking pot..
- Add the garlic & green onions to the grease pot & let them cook over low heat for 5-8 minutes just to release the aroma not to brown..
- Add the chicken stock, potatoes & dried ingredients and bring the pot to a boil. Once boiling, let it sit there for 5-10 minutes making sure to stir..
- Add all the dairy & 8oz of the bacon then reduce to a simmer for 25-35 minutes then blend together (immersion blender recommended but any blender will do). Serve topped with sour cream, cheese, bacon bits & green onion tops..
How to Make Creamy Potato Soup: Place potatoes in a pot, cover with water, season with salt and cook until tender then drain. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then crumble. Potato Soup Recipes Potatoes are a staple that can be spectacular. This collection of potato soup recipes shows off the best of the best, adding flair and flavor to any menu. This soup incorporates pre-baked cubes of potato with onion, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and sour cream in a milk soup base which has been thickened with a roux.