Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup. Serve over tortilla chips, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Throw away the cans and no one will know that it is not from scratch! Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
I've been eating soup almost every other night. From my Lasagna Soup to my Turkey Meatball Vegetable Soup. I just can't get enough of it. You can have Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 32 oz of chicken broth.
- You need 16 oz. of Salsa.
- It’s 1 cup of corn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of can black beans.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese.
- It’s strips of Tortilla.
In a medium-sized soup pot, add the olive oil. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, chicken broth, spices, corn and bring to a boil. Ladle the homemade chicken tortilla soup into bowls and top with homemade tortilla strips (I've given the recipe in the recipe card below), cubed avocado, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream. How to Store Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Cook chicken over medium heat, and shred with a fork..
- Bring broth and salsa to a boil, add rice, beans, chicken, and corn. Bring back to a boil and let simmer for 10 min..
- Serve with cheese, tortilla strips, chunks of avocado, or sour cream.
- The spicier the salsa the spicier the soup will be, so if you want less heat, go with a mild salsa..
Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. I never even thought to make it at home because, frankly, I thought it was fussy. Bring the water to a boil in a large pot; stir the bouillon cubes into the water until dissolved. Add the onion, banana pepper, hominy, black beans, garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes with chiles, diced tomatoes, chicken soup, chicken, garlic powder, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir. Chicken Tortilla Soup Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on. particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings.