Recipe: Yummy Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup
Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup. This carrot and ginger soup is one of the most delicious soups that you're able to make in your slow cooker or crock-pot. One of my favorite things about living in the northeast is the change of seasons. Or, even easier, just let your slow cooker do all the cooking for you.
Making this Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup in the Instant Pot couldn't be easier. Zesty ginger and tangy orange juice balance the mellow flavor of carrots. This Carrot Ginger Soup recipe is easy, hearty and healthy! You can cook Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup
- It’s 4-5 lbs of carrots, roughly chopped up.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- It’s 2-3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of freshly ground ginger(or 2-3 tsp of ground ginger).
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 4-5 cups of low sodium chicken stock/broth.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk(or heavy cream or half & half).
It's made with carrots, chicken broth, sauteed onions and garlic with a variety of spices that give it so much flavour! Includes Instant Pot & Slow Cooker versions. No one is surprised, and that's okay. Because Soup Season is a long ways.
Slow Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup step by step
- Chop up the onion, ginger, and garlic. Put into a small power, off to the side..
- Cut up the carrots, then place into the slow cooker. Stir in the onion, garlic, and ginger mixture..
- Pour the stock/broth into the slow cooker, stir together. Turn the temperature on to low, then cook for 7-8 hours. It took us about 7 hours..
- When done, pour half of the soup into a large bowl, add half of the coconut milk/cream/half & half into the soup, then blend it all together using a emulsion blender. When all blended, mix together back in the slow cooker..
More creamy soup recipes I love are Potato Leek Soup, Dad's Cauliflower Soup and Turmeric I mention this because I'm not a huge fan of cooked carrots, but when combined with ginger What to serve with carrot ginger soup. I love having a soup and salad, especially for lunch. Carrot Ginger Soup (Instant Pot, Slow Cooker, Stovetop). Soothing, comforting, and done in no time, this carrot ginger soup is a perfect soup for a chilly day. Carrot ginger soup delivers a nutrient-packed bowl of vegetables, coconut milk, and zippy kick of ginger.