Broccoli and Ham Soup. Broccoli Ham and Cheese Soup – So cheesy, creamy and hearty! Loaded with ham, cheese, potatoes and TONS of broccoli! It is the perfect cozy, comforting soup for any time of the year.
I loved it so much that I made sure to get the recipe. My family doesn't even like Swiss cheese, but they all love this broccoli soup. I love cheesy potato soup but since I'm diabetic now, I can't have the carbs. You can cook Broccoli and Ham Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli and Ham Soup
- It’s 14 ounces of coconut milk.
- Prepare 12 ounces of evaporated milk.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 pound of broccoli.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
This is a wonderful alternative and GREAT for diabetics! The only carbs are in the milk, and the little bit of flour! And it's so easy to throw together! I just steam the broccoli in the microwave, and then chop it, and the ham, while I wait on the soup to boil.
Broccoli and Ham Soup step by step
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes. Dice the ham and move to a pot turn on heat to render the fat. Shred the cheese..
- Chop the broccoli. When the ham is rendered add the broth. Add the broccoli to the ham and stir in..
- Add the milks. When it begins to simmer stir in the sharp cheddar cheese. When it's incorporated in well add the sour cream and stir in well..
- After it simmers for 4 minutes cover and remove from heat. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
This is a soup for when the weather is bitter and you crave serious, starchy comfort food. Broccoli and ham potato soup is a little different from the one I usually make but we enjoyed it just as much. You could replace the ham with just about any meat in this recipe. In a large pot, melt the butter and cook the onion till soft. Stir in the flour and cook for a minute or two.