Best Ever Potato Soup. You'll be surprised at the taste of this rich and cheesy easy potato soup. It really is the best potato soup recipe, ever. I came up with it after enjoying baked potato soup at one of our favorite restaurants.
In a large stock pot combine potatoes, onions, celery, bouillon cubes and enough water to cover all ingredients. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato soup, to survive. Potato soup makes me dramatic, evidently. You can cook Best Ever Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best Ever Potato Soup
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 2 (15 ounce) of cans chicken broth.
- You need 8 ounces of Velveeta cheese.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 6 of large baking potatoes peeled, diced and boiled til tender.
- It’s of Optional: 1 lb of ground chuck browned and drained.
If you're in the midst of a cold spell yourself (or even if you're not) I think you're going to enjoy this creamy potato. In a Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until done. Remove bacon from pan, and set aside. In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; drain.
Best Ever Potato Soup instructions
- Wash peel and dice your potatos, put in a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil potatos til just tender probably 10-15min. Drain..
- If you are going to add meat to the potato soup I brown my meat with the onions while potatos are cooking..
- In a large pot melt the stick of butter. Add the soups, chicken broth, onion, meat, potatoes and Velveeta cheese. Stir constantly on med heat til cheese melts and its nice and hot. If you don't monitor this part the cheese might burn..
- If the soup is too thick for your taste, thin it down with a little milk..
- If you have family members who hate mushrooms, substitute with all cream of chicken soup. I tried to fool that family member once by adding bacon to the soup. She actually picked the mushroom bits out and ran water over them to verify I had indeed put mushroom soup in it!.
Add potatoes, broth, carrrot, onion, parsley, celery seed, salt and pepper. In sauté pan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon fat and place on paper towel over plate to drain more. Potato Soup loaded with chunks of tender, hearty potatoes and made with a rich and creamy soup base. This soup is a reader favorite and for good reason – it's easy to make and absolutely delicious!