How to Cook Perfect Creamy Turnip Leek Soup
Creamy Turnip Leek Soup. Blend until smooth in food processor or blender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish each serving with freshly grated apple and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
In a food processor, process soup in batches until smooth. Stir in cream, salt and nutmeg; heat through. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. You can have Creamy Turnip Leek Soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Turnip Leek Soup
- It’s of Vegetables and cheese.
- You need 1 cup of sliced leek.
- You need 1 pound of turnip roots.
- Prepare To taste of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 of lime just the juice.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s of Liquids.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1-1/2 cups of heavy cream.
Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted. This Creamy Turnip Potato soup is really easy to make: Saute the onion to get its sweetness to come out, then add the rest of the soup ingredients right to the same pot. Once the turnips and potatoes re fully cooked, just puree the soup with an immersion blender. How to Make Turnip Leek Soup.
Creamy Turnip Leek Soup step by step
- Sauté the turnip roots.
- Wash, peel, and dice the turnip roots. Really wash the leeks very well it holds lots of sand. Add to the turnip roots with the parsley..
- Add the broth, butter, season, and bring to a boil then a simmer. Cover simmer 30 minutes. Then add the cream and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir well simmer 10 minutes and let rest..
- Serve with a little shredded Parmesan cheese..
Sauté the leeks in melted butter until golden. Pour in the broth and wine then bring to a boil. Transfer the mixture to a blender. This recipe for Cream of Turnip Soup can be used as a meal on its own and would be served with a big slice of homemade Wheaten Bread or it can be used as a starter followed by a few slices of Ham and tomatoes. Serve it as a starter or side soup.