Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP
Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP. Spicy and hearty, a big hit for your family! The more I use my Instant Pot, the more I love it. It is perfect for those nights when you are in a rush to get something on the table.
Which means it's officially soup and pumpkin season. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, tomatoes (with liquid), corn (with liquid), green chilies (with liquid), garlic, salt and cumin. You can have Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breasts cubed.
- You need 1 of white onion chopped.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock/broth.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of can of red enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can whole kernel corn.
- It’s 8 oz of diced green chilies.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Garnishes.
- It’s of shredded cheese.
- You need of sour cream.
- It’s of diced avocado.
- It’s of hot sauce.
- It’s of Crumbled Tortilla chips.
Stir with a wooden spoon and scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any bits. I basically took my traditional chicken enchilada recipe, modified it and added some black beans, corn and chicken broth. After a few hours of letting it slow cook all day, this delicious bowl of soup emerged which I topped with cheese, scallions, cilantro and a dallop of sour cream. They are both great pressure cookers!
Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP instructions
- Turn instant pot to saute high/more. When it reads hot add olive oil and onions. Cook for a minute..
- Add chicken and cook while stirring untill the outside of chicken turns white..
- Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, tomatoes (with liquid), corn (with liquid), green chilies (with liquid), garlic, salt and cumin. Stir with a wooden spoon and scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any bits..
- Seal pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes then NPR for 10 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure..
- Remove lid. Ladle into bowls. Top with tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream, cheese, and hot sauce..
The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. To make this Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup or green chili chicken enchilada soup, you'll need some pre-cooked, shredded chicken. I either make it ahead of time with my Instant Pot shredded chicken recipe to use throughout the week or buy the tub of shredded chicken breast from my favorite supermarket. This quick and easy pressure cooker chicken enchilada soup is a pressure cooker version of the popular Tex-Mex slow cooker soup. What's great about this recipe is all you have to do is open a few cans, throw in a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts and in less than half an hour, you've got a homemade soup that tastes like it took hours to make.