Recipe: Appetizing Lee's Creamy Potato Soup
Lee's Creamy Potato Soup. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Great recipe for Lee's Creamy Potato Soup.
Creamy Potato Leek Soup II Creamy Potato Leek Soup II. Green onion, finely chopped, optional for garnish Cook's Note. Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil. You can cook Lee's Creamy Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lee's Creamy Potato Soup
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Celery Stalks (small dice).
- It’s 1 of Small Yellow Onion (small dice).
- Prepare 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 5 Cups of Medium Diced Russet Potatoes.
- You need 1 of Carton.(32oz) Low Sodium Chicken Stock.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- You need 1 Cup of Half and Half Cream.
- It’s of Corn Starch Slurry.
- It’s 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need To Taste of Salt and Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Chopped Celery Tops (green leaves).
When vegetables are tender add salt and pepper to taste. Remove soup from the hob and, using a liquidiser or blender, liquidise the soup until it is smooth. Return the pan to the heat. Potato Soup loaded with chunks of tender, hearty potatoes and made with a rich and creamy soup base.
Lee's Creamy Potato Soup instructions
- In a 6 quartl stock pot, sauté celery and onion in butter and olive oil until just tender. 5-7 minutes. Add garlic towards the end..
- Add diced potatoes, chicken stock, and milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let cook until potatoes are fork tender. 13-15 minutes Do not bring to a full boil. Note: This is the time to season with salt..
- When potatoes are fork tender, add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Then add cornstarch slurry. (1/4 Cup warm water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch well blended) Bring back to a simmer..
- Add cheese a little at a time and allow to fully melt. Use a simple hand held potato masher to get the consistency you want. Note: I do not recommend using a blender to get a smooth soup. It will turn into a glue. Yuck. A food mill or potato ricer is a much better option..
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Add chopped celery leaves and enjoy. Garnish with bacon bits, sour cream, chives etc..
This soup is a reader favorite and for good reason – it's easy to make and absolutely delicious! Top it with cheese and bacon and no one will be able to resist. Creamy, savory, and with an (optional!) cayenne kick, this is a twist on a traditional French comfort food. This Creamy Potato Leek Soup is so incredibly easy to make that it's sure to become a staple in your house this winter. Just top with fresh chives and serve warm for a meal your family will love.