How to Prepare Yummy Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker. Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup A couple of shortcut ingredients make this soup a cinch! Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup – Calling all Panera broccoli cheese soup lovers! This is one of the best crock pot recipes to make you feel just as warm and toasty as the Panera original.
This Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Soup is so easy to make. Start by adding carrots, onions, broccoli, chicken stock (or vegetable stock), and a few spices to your slow cooker. Cook on low for four hours. You can have Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
- It’s 6 cups of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 oz. of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- It’s 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
If you like your Broccoli Cheddar Soup to be completely smooth, now is the time to blend it. Add broccoli, broth, milk and pepper. Stir in process cheese until melted. Add shredded cheeses; stir until melted.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..
Just before serving, stir soup to combine. I woke up this morning to the relaxing sound of pouring rain outside my window. Though it can seem gloomy and dark out (not to mention the days are beginning to feel so much shorter) these rainy and cold days make for great soup days. In my opinion, this is the best slow cooker broccoli cheese soup recipe, but I am a little biased. If you have some feedback, tips or anything else, then please don't hesitate to leave a comment below.