Recipe: Appetizing Tomato Basil Soup
Tomato Basil Soup. Discover Tasty Sipping Soup Made with Sweet Basil and Tomato. Very good soup but there is an easier way. Hot tomato based liquids in a blender = stained lids and possible explosions.
Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat. You can cook Tomato Basil Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup
- It’s 2 of , 28 oz cans stewed whole tomato.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 carton of chicken stock (32 oz each).
- It’s 1 c of celery.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of sugar.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Basil leaves, cut thin.
- You need 3 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- It’s 12 oz of Heavy cream.
Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, and return the puree to the stock pot. Tomato Basil Soup is a healthy classic soup that's simple to make from scratch and full of flavor! It only takes just over half an hour. It only takes just over half an hour.
Tomato Basil Soup instructions
- Prep: Rustic cut the onion, and celery. Peel, thin “coin slice” the carrot, and cut sweet potato to approx. 1 inch dice. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add neutral oil, sweet potato, and carrots. Sauté over medium-low heat until both soften a bit, then add: onion and celery. Continue cooking.
- When celery and onion soften, add tomato paste, and increase heat to full medium. As heat increases you want a slight burn of the paste on the bottom of the pan. Slight!!! Nothing crazy!.
- Once you get a decent char from the tomato paste, add chicken stock, and tomatoes.(do not drain tomatoes) Reduce heat to medium-low, and reduce stock a bit. This is where you build flavor through reduction of water in the soup..
- Once you’ve reduced stock, add cream, reduce to desired consistency over a medium-low heat..
- Once the soup is at the proper consistency, remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes, run the soup through a blender until creamy. The extra carton of stock is for loosening the soup if needed..
- Place into proper container, and refrigerate. Garnish with basil/parmesan upon serving for best results!.
The whole family will enjoy it as the temperatures drop and the evenings become crisper. Tomato basil soup up was a hands-down winner the first night, but it has quickly become a family favorite (as if seeing it regularly on our real food menu plan wasn't obvious enough!). The Girl gets excited when she hears we're having "tomato sauce soup" for dinner and loves to slather the top with shredded cheese (which melts and makes. How to make secret ingredient tomato basil soup? The first step in making the best tomato basil soup recipe is roasting the tomatoes, onions, carrots, and garlic.