Recipe: Tasty Potato & Ramp Soup
Potato & Ramp Soup. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself, a perennial in the family Solanaceae. Wild potato species, originating in modern-day Peru, can be found throughout the Americas, from the United States to southern Chile. The potato was originally believed to have been domesticated by indigenous peoples of the Americas.
Did you know, potatoes are more energy-packed than any other popular vegetable and have even more potassium than a banana? Potato definition is – sweet potato. How to use potato in a sentence. You can cook Potato & Ramp Soup using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato & Ramp Soup
- You need 6-8 of fresh ramps.
- You need 4 of large russet potatoes.
- You need 16 oz of heavy cream.
- It’s 32 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 1/3 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
Potato definition, the edible tuber of a cultivated plant, Solanum tuberosum, of the nightshade family. Overview Information Potato is a plant. The fleshy part of the root (potato) is commonly eaten as a vegetable. Potato is also used to make medicine.
Potato & Ramp Soup step by step
- Prep: Cut the ramps into where it starts to split into green leaves. Cut the root off the bottom end, and wash bottoms and tops. Dry the tops well, set aside. Peel the potatoes, and cut them into 1 inch pieces. It doesn’t have to be neat. Trust me:) set aside.
- In a deep sauce pan, over medium-low heat add butter & ramp bottoms. Sauté until the bottoms soften, then add a pinch of kosher salt, pepper, and ramp tops. Continue to cook, stirring often..
- When the ramp tops have cooked down, add chicken stock & potato, reduce the stock on a medium heat. (Approximately 15-20 minutes)..
- When stock reduces, add heavy cream, and reduce more. Lower heat setting just a bit. This reduction is finished when the soup reaches a creamy, rich thickness. Pull from heat, let cool for 15-20 minutes..
- After soup cools, blend the soup to a creamy consistency, reheat. Salt and pepper to taste at this point. Be careful, don’t over salt!!!.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy:).
Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. The potato is native to the Peruvian-Bolivian Andes and is one of the world's main food crops. Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. Baked, roasted, mashed or fried — there's no wrong way to eat potatoes. From hearty meals to healthy sides, get creative with potatoes using these top-notch recipes.