Crawfish soup. Winter is approaching, bringing with it colder weather. See how to make a comforting, warming winter cajun meal. Crawfish and Corn Soup – This soup is a staple dish in many New Orleans restaurants.
Cook and stir until the onion is transparent, and the peppers are soft. Melt butter in a large pot over low heat, and stir in flour. I just invented this tonight, after getting stuck with a couple of pounds of crawfish from a crawfish boil. You can cook Crawfish soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crawfish soup
- You need 1 pk of large jumbo shrimp shell on or off(devein).
- It’s 1 pk of crawfish (1lb).
- You need 1 pk of coconut milk or can cream optional.
- You need 1 pk of flavored soup mix (I used grace cock soup).
- It’s 1 of small pumpkin or calabaza.
- Prepare 3 of large white potatoes diced.
- It’s 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 of large carrot diced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika (1 to season shrimp).
- Prepare 2 sprig of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 stalk of escallion or green onion.
It's so good I wanted to hop around the kitchen singing. This recipe is for crawfish boil leftovers; it won't be the same otherwise. You'll need two pounds of whole crawfish plus the corn, potatoes, etc, that were boiled with them. (My two-pound package contained two short corns on the. A rich and creamy crawfish soup.
Crawfish soup instructions
- Season your shrimp and crawfish with paprika, salt, pepper.
- In your soup pot 😀 add 1 tsp oil and cook shrimp for 1min on each side. Then remove and set aside. Add crawfish and cook for 2mins on each side or until turn red..
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth and 2 cup of water to the crawfish and bring to a boil. Then add diced carrots and pumpkin. Cover until the liquid comes to a boil and the pumpkin is soft..
- Once the pumpkins are cooked remove them and crush em and then put them back to the pot. (This is optional) Then add your potatoes, salt, coconut milk,cayenne pepper, jamaican pepper, black pepper,oregano, flavoured soup mix, shrimp and stir. Cover and let cook for 20mins or until the potatoes are soft/cooked..
Louisiana Cookin' is the only national magazine for the connoisseur of Louisiana's unique culture, cuisine, and travel destinations. The Best Crayfish Soup Recipes on Yummly Crayfish Soup, Cream Of Chervil Soup With Crawfish, Gluten & Dairy Free Thai Crayfish Noodle Soup Add corn, milk, and potato soup and blend well. Add potatoes if using and add seasoning and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and smoked paprika -serve and enjoy!