Wicked Thai chicken soup. A hearty chicken and rice soup, with mushrooms and vegetables, in a lightly creamy, Thai-inspired broth. If making the soup ahead, don't add the rice until you re-warm the soup for serving, as it will begin to absorb the broth and thicken the soup. I enjoyed it so much that I came home and started looking for a recipe on the internet.
Layered with hearty chunks of premium antibiotic-free chicken, mushrooms, peppers and carrots, our fill-you-up soup will satisfy your hunger and fuel your Thai food. While soup is warming in the dutch oven, mix together the Thai red curry paste, chilli garlic sauce, tomato paste, water and cornstarch. Mix well and add to the dutch oven. You can cook Wicked Thai chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wicked Thai chicken soup
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 8 oz of container fresh mushrooms (chopped or sliced) I use cremini.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chopped lemongrass (see note above).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of half and half cream.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of chilli garlic sauce.
- You need 1 can of tomato paste (156 ml or 5.5 oz).
- You need 2 tablespoons of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1 cup of rice, (cooked).
- Prepare of chopped cilantro for garnish if you'd like.
Add the rice and cilantro to the mixture and allow to heat for approximately five minutes. Stir lemon grass, garlic, and ginger together in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Campbell's Chunky Wicked Thai-Style Chicken with Rice & Vegetables Soup features an exotic blend of chicken, coconut milk and green curry that works just as hard as you do.
Wicked Thai chicken soup step by step
- If rice is not already cooked, prepare according to package directions.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot on medium heat. Once oil is hot, add chopped or sliced mushrooms and cook until tender and golden in colour. Remove mushrooms from the pot and set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook until onions are soft and translucent..
- Add mushrooms back to the dutch oven along with chicken stock, chicken, lemongrass, fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt..
- Bring mixture to a boil then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes..
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the half and half and coconut milk. DO NOT boil after this step..
- Place lid on the dutch oven or pot and allow to cook on low for an additional 5 minutes..
- In a small bowl, combine the Thai red curry paste, chill garlic sauce, tomato paste, water and cornstarch. Whisk to a smooth consistently..
- Add curry mixture to the soup and stir until soup is slightly thickened and fragrant, roughly another 10 minutes or so..
- Add rice to the pot and stir to combine. Garnish with cilantro if you'd like. Serve and enjoy!!.
Layered with hearty chunks of premium chicken, mushrooms, peppers and carrots, our fill-you-up soup will satisfy your hunger and fuel your Thai food cravings like never before. VERVE® WICKED THAI STYLE SOUP WITH CHICKEN. Wicked Thai Chicken Soup This soup is absolutely delicious and has been slightly adapted from a recipe found on the Foodbuzz. It has a lovely Thai flavor. If you have left over chicken make this soup instead of chicken noodle.