Recipe: Tasty Cambozola and Mushroom Soup
Cambozola and Mushroom Soup. Great recipe for Cambozola and Mushroom Soup. Creamy cambozola (a melding of camembert and gorgonzola) combines with earthy mushrooms to create a rich soup with a bit of funky personality. See great recipes for Creamy Mushroom Soup without Cream too!.
Drizzle the measured liquid into the bowl and stir to combine. Return the soup to a clean saucepan and bring back to a simmer. Add the milk and warm through. You can cook Cambozola and Mushroom Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cambozola and Mushroom Soup
- It’s 1-1 oz. of packet assorted dried mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 lb of white mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1/2 lb of crimini mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of brandy.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 cups of cold water.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 100 g of cambozola, rind removed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Add the crumbled stilton and stir continuously until the cheese has melted into the soup. CHAMPIGNON Mushroom This triple-cream, soft-ripened cheese has a mild mushroom flavor derived from hand-picked German A-quality white mushrooms that give it a one-of-a-kindest. The champignons used for this cheese are harvested at the optimum time to provide the best mushroom flavor experience. Search the Best of Bridge Best of Bridge is more than just a company – it evokes all the goodness of home cooking and that wonderful feeling of family, friends and comfort.
Cambozola and Mushroom Soup instructions
- Bloom the dried mushrooms in 2 cups warm water for 20 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and give them a quick rinse. Chop any large pieces into bite-sized chunks. Strain the blooming water (now mushroom broth) through a coffee filter to remove any sediment, and set it aside..
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add all the mushrooms. Fry until the water the mushrooms give off evaporates and they take on a bit of golden colour. This should take about 10 minutes..
- Stir the shallots and garlic into the pot and continue frying 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Pour in the brandy. Let cook until most of the brandy has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and stir for 1 minute to coat..
- Add the thyme, mushroom broth, chicken stock, and 2 cups cold water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Fish the thyme sprigs out of the pot. Break the cambozola into chunks and add it a little at a time to the pot, stirring to melt it in. Remove any big pieces of mold that float to the top; they'll turn rubbery. When all the cheese has melted, turn off the heat and stir in the cream to finish..
The sub-medium: The "carmelized" cauliflower was just barely charred. It was definitely not oven roasted, and the sauce description should be shortened to "mayo." The imitation Krab dip was genuine-crab-dip priced Wipe each mushroom with a damp cloth or moistened paper towel to remove dirt and debris from the top and inside of the cap. Add heavy cream to extinguish and cheese and bring to a boil. Add the pasta, stir well and remove from heat. Find amazing recipes to pair with award winning wines.