Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Corn and Crab Soup
Corn and Crab Soup. Add crabmeat, pepper, salt, and soy sauce and simmer until very hot and small bubbles form around the edge; do not let boil. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, corn and potatoes; bring to a boil.
Pour in chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Stir in garlic, bay leaves, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. The combination of sweet summer corn and delicate crabmeat is hard to beat. You can cook Corn and Crab Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Corn and Crab Soup
- Prepare 3 sticks of butter.
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium bell pepper chopped.
- You need 2 lbs of peeled shrimp.
- You need 1 lb of white crab meat.
- Prepare 2 cans of creamed corn.
- Prepare 4 cans of cream of potato soup.
- You need 1 qt of half and half.
- It’s to taste of Creole seasoning.
- You need to taste of Salt and Cayenne.
If you're feeling flush, you can use more crab, up to double the quantity. Serve the soup with something simple, such as. Bring soup up to a bubble. Canned crabmeat or imitation crabmeat may be used instead of fresh crabmeat.
Corn and Crab Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot melt the butter..
- Add onion and bell pepper, cook over medium heat until caramelized..
- Add shrimp and saute with seasonings until cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Add creamed corn, cream of potato soup and half and half and mix well..
- Add crab meat and bring to low boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and serve..
Add the bay leaves and bring to a boil. Add the milk, cream, and the crab boil, if using. Roasted Corn and Crab Soup Roasted Corn and Crab Soup. Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Claire Spollen. Corn soup with crab is one of my wife's favorite.