Recipe: Tasty Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup
Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup. Tortilla Soup is a classically Mexican dish that has a tomato and broth base. Typically it is filled with vegetables and chicken, though pork or turkey can also be used in place of the chicken. It is the perfect recipe to make if you have a few stale corn tortillas.
This recipe is awfully tasty and will feed a crowd! Combine chicken, beans, tomatoes/chilis, lime juice, onion, garlic and spices in the slow cooker. Lauren's Latest is a pro recipe developer pumping out family-friendly food recipe plan, favorite restaurants and family milestones. You can have Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 of chicken thighs (boneless skinless)= I boil mine.
- It’s 5-6 of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s 1 of medium onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 14 oz of can chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cups of milk (I use Horizon organic 2%).
- Prepare 1 cup of prepared salsa.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can black beans.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can corn.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 tsp of taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix.
In a traditional chicken tortilla soup, the broth is not so creamy and you add in corn tortillas to the actual soup so they disintegrate and add corn flavor. I just added a few fried pieces of corn tortilla on top with some other toppings. Great recipe for Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup. This tortilla soup recipe has an intoxicating aroma when you make it.
Lauren's Chicken Tortilla Soup instructions
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened..
- Add the flour and stir well. Cooking for 1 more minute..
- Add the broth and the milk..
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, salsa, chicken, beans, corn, cumin and oregano seasoning. ((I make my own salsa. So that's the prepared salsa I use.)) Add salt if needed..
- Add tortilla strips, sour cream and shredded cheese. I use fritos and crush them up in a bag and add garlic powder to them..
Today I'm sharing one of my favorite soup recipes with you: Chicken Tortilla Soup. For Toppings: Tortilla Chips Sour Cream Avocado Shredded Cheese Chopped. The most delicious, comforting Classic Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe! I'm Lauren–a Pro Recipe Developer, picture taker, lover of my husband and carbs, living in New York. How to make chicken tortilla soup.