How to Make Appetizing 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint
3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint. A light and delicious soup that is quick and easy to make! Repeat procedure with remaining pea mixture. Pour half of pureed soup mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
I really liked the flavor of the pea soup before I put the mint pesto in it. I didn't dislike the mint pesto, however, when I added it to the soup the texture of the finely diced mint leaves wasn't my favorite. Beans and Green Soup with Salted Yogurt and Sizzled Mint.. You can cook 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint
- You need 400 gr of Frozen Peas (or 350 gr Fresh Shelled Peas).
- You need 1 of Medium Potato Peeled and Diced.
- You need 1 of Garlic Clove Smashed.
- It’s 500 ml of Veg or Chicken Stock.
- It’s 4 Tbs of Fresh Chopped Mint.
- You need 1 Tbs of Lemon Or Better lime Juice.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Sugar.
- You need 150 ml of Sour Cream.
- You need 1 Bunch of Spring Onions – Trim and Chopped.
This is a far cry from army-green split pea soup. Pea soup has quite the pedigree. But the one I'm most interested in is the pea soup known in Britain and Ireland – pea and mint soup to be precise. While many of the other varieties are warming and comforting throughout the cold winter months, this one is light, airy and brings with it the bewitching promise of summer yet to come.
3 Traffic Light Soups – GREEN – Pea and Mint instructions
- Put the Stock into a large Pan and bring to Boil – Add the Potatoes and Galic for 15 mins until Very Soft..
- Add Peas and simmer for 5 mins, Add rest of items apart from Sour cream then allow to Cool. Transfer into a blender or Food Processor and Blitz until as Smooth as you like..
- Add Half the Sour Cream and season to Taste.
- Chill to be heated later or Serve Cold (you may need add a little more stock as it will thicken). Add the Remaining Sour Cream and Garnish with a mint leaf..
Melt butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over low heat. Bright mint brings a pop of freshness to this spring soup while creamy Greek yogurt adds a slight tang. This is a far cry from army-green split pea soup. Cooking the peas briefly retains their vibrant color, and the addition of fresh herbs keeps the finished soup looking and tasting bright. This Green Pea and Mint Soup is awesomely delicious combination of flavors.