Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Cream of Mushroom Soup
Cream of Mushroom Soup. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and onion until tender. Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms.
Once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms, stir to coat with the olive oil and butter. Creamy Mushroom Soup A rich, delicious, hearty soup for cold winter days. Cream of mushroom soup is a great ingredient when you're seeking a silky, smooth, velvety texture in a variety of dishes, like casseroles, soups, or rich sauces for chicken and beef. You can cook Cream of Mushroom Soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of porcini mushrooms (or 2 oz dried).
- It’s 1 quart of chicken or beef stock.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of finely chopped onion.
- It’s 7 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 5 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 4 cup of cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Chablis (or any dry white wine).
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely chopped parsley.
Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup is a smooth, rich combination of mushrooms and cream with garlic. Versatile and easy to use, expedite comforting from-scratch meals—Breakfast Frittatas, Beef Stroganoff, Green Bean Casserole and more!—by using our Cream of Mushroom Soup as your go-to ingredient. A warm bowl of soup so deliciously creamy with tender bites of mushroom pieces. Full flavoured with garlic, onions and herbs subtle enough to shine through and compliment the natural flavour of mushrooms without overpowering it.
Cream of Mushroom Soup instructions
- Chop mushrooms..
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to pot, melt and add chopped onion & diced mushrooms..
- Saute to blend flavors..
- Add broth, cream and bay leaf..
- Simmer 30 minutes..
- Add wine, lemon juice, salt & pepper..
- Melt remaining 6 Tbsp butter, add flour and make a light roux..
- Add roux to simmering soup, stir constantly to avoid lumping..
- Simmer 5 minutes..
- Add heavy cream and chopped parsley..
Is cream of mushroom soup gluten free. Cream of mushroom soup is not gluten free as wheat flour is used to make the roux. That said, a gluten free cream of mushroom soup can be made by substituting potato starch, tapioca starch or corn starch. These starches aid in thickening the soup and also giving it a creamy consistency. Place the dried mushrooms in a large bowl.