Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Cream of tomato soup
Cream of tomato soup. Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt, and pepper and stir well. Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over moderate heat. When soup bubbles, stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low.
I think the next time I make this I will add the milk first so it can cook with the roux then add the tomato. Return soup to a clean pot and set over low heat. Whisk in cream, if desired; season with salt and pepper. You can cook Cream of tomato soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cream of tomato soup
- You need 13 1/2 oz of diced red onion.
- Prepare 33 oz of carrots.
- You need 1 1/2 oz of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 6 oz of oil.
- You need 96 oz of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 3 can of tomato with juice.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of fresh basil.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of blk pepper.
- You need 2 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Serve immediately or transfer soup to a bowl set over an ice-water bath to cool completely. Transfer cooled soup to an airtight container and refrigerate. Reheat over medium heat until heated through. Cream of tomato soup should be gentle and soothing.
Cream of tomato soup step by step
- ssutee all veggie except tomato.
- add remaining ingredients.
- boil until veggies are soft.
- add cream and basil.
- blend until smooth.
Adding baking soda to the tomatoes keeps the milk from curdling. Increase heat to high; bring to a simmer. Gradually stir in the cream cheese mixture, cream and basil. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). In a large bowl, combine the crackers, oil, dressing mix, garlic powder and dill; toss to coat.