Recipe: Appetizing Cream of carrot soup
Cream of carrot soup. Heat butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add carrots, potato, onion, celery, chicken broth, and ginger. In a blender, blend carrots and broth until smooth. In a large saucepan, bring broth and carrots to a boil.
The butter and flour mixture — what's called a roux — gives it body and silkiness. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl. Add butter to a large pot on the stove and melt over medium heat. You can cook Cream of carrot soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of carrot soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 large of onion peeled & chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Carrots, peeled & sliced thinly.
- It’s 1 large of Potato, peeled & sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic, Crushed.
- It’s 4 cup of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of Whipping Cream.
- It’s 1 of Salt to Taste.
- Prepare 1 of Chives, Chopped.
Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. In a saucepan, soften the onion in the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, potatoes and broth. In a blender, purée the soup until smooth.
Cream of carrot soup instructions
- In a large sturdy soup pot (or Dutch oven), melt the butter on medium heat. Cook the onions, carrots, potato, and garlic in the butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken stock and pepper and bring the soup to a boil. Turn the heat down so that the soup is just barely bubbling. Cover the pot and cook the soup for 30 minutes..
- Remove the soup from the heat and allow it to cool enough so you can comfortably puree it in a blender. Work in small batches and watch out for hot splashing soup! Once it is pureed return the soup to a pot. You can also puree this soup using a stainless steel food mill for a very smooth soup..
- When you are done pureeing all the soup, stir in the whipping cream and season to taste with salt and additional pepper. You can further season this soup with such things as powdered dry ginger, cumin, and curry. All of these flavors go very nicely with carrots. I also like a pinch of cayenne..
- Heat the soup to serve. Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped chives..
A vibrant and tasty soup made by simmering carrots with garlic, onion, chicken stock, milk, dill and chives. If you prefer a creamier soup, use cream instead of the milk. Creamy Carrot Soup recipe is easy, healthy and delicious! It's made with carrots, onions, garlic, ginger and a splash of cream that takes it over the top! Much like a Butternut Squash Soup, this recipe has brilliant color and comforting flavor; it'll be a new family favorite in no time.