Easiest Way to Make Appetizing Cream of Rueben soup
Cream of Rueben soup. In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. This Reuben soup has all the ingredients of the traditional sandwich.
Ladle in bowls and top with croutons or toasted bread cubes. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually add to pan. You can have Cream of Rueben soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Rueben soup
- It’s 6 cup of cabbage chopped.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion,chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery.
- You need 4 tsp of flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of beef base.
- You need 1/2 cup of corned beef, sherdded.
- You need 3 cup of half& half.
- Prepare 12 oz of swiss cheese, grated.
- Prepare 8 slice of rye toast.
Top with remaining Swiss cheese and serve with toasted rye bread or rye croutons. Create slurry by whisking cornstarch and cold water together in a small bowl. Remove bay leaf from soup, then whisk in slurry. In pot, combine chicken stock, sauerkraut, corned beef, onion, bay leaves, oregano and pepper.
Cream of Rueben soup instructions
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan, add cabbage, toss over low heat 3 minutes. Add 1/4C. water and salt, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Mix sour cream and flour,fold into cabbage, set aside..
- Heat 3 T. butter in a stock pot and sweat onion and celery until tender. Stir in 2 t. flour until smooth. Add 3 C. water and base, bring to a boil stirring often, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beef, cabbage, cream, and cheese, cook 30 minutes at low simmer, stirring often. Serve with toast squares..
Add mixture to soup as well as the carrots. Cook and stir for a few minutes, soup will begin to thicken. In a large saucepan, cook onion and celery in butter until tender; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in water and bouillon, and bring to a boil. Cream of Reuben Soup from An Affair From The Heart.