Easiest Way to Cook Tasty cream of tomato basil soup
cream of tomato basil soup. In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, broth, water and pepper. Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat.
Stir in onions and cook until tender. Mix in tomatoes and chopped basil. Creamy Tomato Basil Soup is a rich and creamy soup using tomatoes, garlic, sauteed onions, fresh basil, and cream. You can have cream of tomato basil soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of cream of tomato basil soup
- Prepare 4 cup of tomato juice.
- Prepare 4 each of tomatoes, peeled and seeded.
- Prepare 14 of fresh basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 of a few sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped for garnish.
- Prepare 1 of sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
I have been blogging at Modern Honey for almost two years. In some ways, it feels like it flew by and in other ways, it feels like a lifetime. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-low heat. To make Vegan Tomato Basil Soup, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth, omit the Parmesan and replace the milk/heavy cream with coconut, almond or cashew milk.
cream of tomato basil soup instructions
- In large saucepan over medium heat, combine tomatoes and tomato juice. Simmer for 30 minutes..
- Add the Basil leaves to the mixture and puree. Pour puree back in pot and on the stove again..
- Over medium heat, stir in heavy cream and butter..
- Continue to stir, making sure all butter is melted and that mixture doesn't reach a boil..
- Season to taste w/salt and pepper..
- Top off w/fresh Rosemary sprigs if desired..
- This is best served with a nice mixed green salad and a simple vinegarette..
Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a dutch oven or large pot. Once hot, add onions and season generously with Kosher salt. Transfer to a large saucepan; add butter and remaining tomato sauce. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil). This creamy tomato basil soup with parmesan cheese recipe is the best tomato soup I have ever had.