Easiest Way to Make Delicious Tomato cream soup
Tomato cream soup. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-low heat. This was a really good cream of tomato soup recipe! I added the milk and allowed it to cook with the tomato mixture before taking it off of the stove since I didn't want it to get cold.
Whisk in cream, if desired; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or transfer soup to a bowl set over an ice-water bath to cool completely. Transfer cooled soup to an airtight container and refrigerate. You can cook Tomato cream soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato cream soup
- It’s 48 oz of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 pints of Cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of Garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 pinch of Dried oregano.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tbsp of Baking powder.
Reheat over medium heat until heated through. Combine broth and tomatoes in a medium saucepan over moderate heat. When soup bubbles, stir in heavy cream and reduce heat to low. Add whatever spices you personally like when you add the minced onion.
Tomato cream soup step by step
- Melt butter in soup pan..
- Add onion to the butter after it melts..
- Add garlic when the onion turns translucent..
- Turn down heat and add rosemary..
- After 1 minute, turn off heat..
- Using a food mill, puree all tomatoes into the butter mix..
- Add remaining ingredients; turn heat on medium and stir..
Put the oil, onions, celery, carrots, potatoes and bay leaves in a big casserole dish, or two saucepans. Gradually stir cream mixture into tomato mixture. Pour into blender or food processor container and work in batches if necessary; cover. Pulse a few times, then blend just until smooth. Garnish each serving with sour cream or basil, if desired.