Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing cream watercress and spinach soup
cream watercress and spinach soup. Melt butter and sauté onion until transparent. Add potato, watercress, milk and stock. Wash the watercress, strip the leaves from the stems and roughly chop the leaves.
Transfer the soup to a food processor and blitz until smooth. Return the soup to the rinsed out pan add the milk, nutmeg, lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Gently reheat until piping hot and serve with crusty bread. You can have cream watercress and spinach soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of cream watercress and spinach soup
- You need 2 bunch of watercress.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spinach.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil of choice.
- You need 1/2 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- You need 250 ml of single cream.
Classic steakhouse flavors–horseradish, watercress and blue cheese–are combined in this pureed soup. The spicy, bold flavor of watercress pairs well with the rich flavor of beef, so we use beef broth as the base for the soup. Vegetable broth works, too, if you want to make a vegetarian version. Adding boiling water speeds up the cooking of the watercress and spinach, retaining the colour, flavour and vitamins.
cream watercress and spinach soup step by step
- wash and dry spinach and watercress.
- chop onion and garlic and saute in oil in a saucepan until soft then add the watercress and spinach let wilt down then pour in stock add seasoning and herbs simmer on a medium heat for 10 mins.
- remove from heat and blend and add cream then return to heat for 5mins and serve.
Crusty bread is a must with cream soups! Croutons are also a good option! This soup really benefits from a handful of crumbled bacon! A sprinkle of grated parmesan invokes that steakhouse creamed spinach vibe and brings a taste of indulgence. Put the spinach, watercress, spring onion, vegetable stock, avocado, cooked rice, lemon juice and mixed seeds in a blender with seasoning.